Jesus and His earliest disciples were dangerous about the Truth! We should be no different!

Friday, January 3, 2014

THE HARBINGER - A Book Recommendation & Objective Review


So, I finally read this book that was first released over 2 years ago. The Harbinger is a prominent historical narrative (listed officially as fiction/suspense) and worth much discussion due to its content, claims, and most importantly, its staying-power as a NY Times best-seller.

For a book to have this much longevity and success on the NY Times list is quite the accomplishment. Honestly though, I'm not really surprised because The Harbinger packs as much punch and intrigue as the finest Dan Brown novel. It also speaks openly to the direction and track America is currently on (which most Americans find perplexing I would venture to say).

If you are like me and had not yet read this book, I suggest you pick up a copy. You will find it fascinating but also troubling (both for its suppositions and, at times, its blind spots).

The link below is for an article which discusses how and why The Harbinger has managed such an incredible publishing feat.

100 Weeks on NY Times Best Sellers List

The 2nd link provides (what I found to be) a very objective and fair review of the book, its author and its message.

Why so Much Controversy Surrounding THE HARBINGER?

The article popped up towards the top of the feed through a basic google search. Honestly, I did very little research into the background or credentials of these bloggers. I simply found this one review from their site to be insightful and objective. Their thoughts on Washington's Freemason ties especially resonated with similar thoughts I had while reading the book.

All in all, I would rate The Harbinger as a 4 out of 5 and one of the most thought-provoking things I have read in the last 10 years.




It really fascinates me to know that 2 out of the 3 political leaders that claimed and propagated Isaiah 9:10 from the nation's capital after 9/11 fell into public disgrace shortly thereafter. What will happen to that 3rd witness? Maybe only God knows, but time will tell.

The parallelism attributed to ancient Israel and America may be a stretch in places within The Harbinger; however, I love parables and good story-telling that communicates gospel truth. I think this book has tremendous parabolic value in that regard.



No comments:

Post a Comment