Jesus and His earliest disciples were dangerous about the Truth! We should be no different!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Other Noah Movie

I have been a fan of Ray Comfort's docu-dramas in the highways and byways of California for some time. I know this bold, little New Zealander really elicits a strong, polarizing response from believers and unbelievers alike.

I can fully understand some of the issues that critics lob his way, but it's hard to argue with his passion, mission and sincerity. I have met the man once (at his ministry headquarters in Bellflower, CA about 10 years ago). He was funny, engaging and beyond passionate about the Gospel. His ministry has had a profound impact on me. Up until recently, my discipleship journey was influenced by his teachings more than anyone else.

You will find his newest movie, at the very least, thought-provoking and probably entertaining. It's also quite informative in regards to specific Bible prophecy and the state of modern culture.

I recommend for everyone to check it out. While there were parts that I did not even particularly like, the production as a whole is quite good. The movie has garnered over one million views on youtube in its first 20 days.





By the way, I have to say this about Living Waters Productions. I absolutely love all that they do to contextualize the Gospel and make it relevant to the culture. Docu-dramas, storytelling and capturing personal testimonies to tell a bigger story are all preferred communication streams which engage our 21st century culture on a deeper level than your typical Sunday preaching/teaching session (especially since you won't find the world beating down the doors of our local churches to hear our best preachers and teachers).


No comments:

Post a Comment